Our Powelton Village store has been closed all week in preparation of its move down the street to 3850 Lancaster Avenue. I’m pleased to announce that we’ll be open at the new location beginning tomorrow night, just in time for Friday Night Magic! We’re planning to be open by about 5:30PM, but probably not much before.
Please bear in mind that our setup is not final at opening. We’ve put a lot of work into the new space, and there are a lot of great new store features that will be implemented upon opening, but there are still plenty of changes coming over the next few weeks and months. On Tuesday, we’ll be getting our soda and snack machine back as well as installing additional racking that will allow us to better display many of our products. Over the next few months, you can expect to see the following additions:
- A water fountain and bottle filler
- Several painting desks
- All new card and board gaming tables upstairs
- Stools for the war gaming tables downstairs
- Extensive sound-proofing
- Moveable cubicle walls to facilitate more private roleplaying
- A PA and intercom system (as well as music in the retail area)
- Integration of our tournament software with a television for posting pairings
- More functional retail displays that will display significantly more product
- Much more!
We hope to see you again soon!